Home » , , , , , » Fleet & Flourish Iron Cover

Fleet & Flourish Iron Cover

Fleet & Flourish Iron Cover by Heidi Staples for Fabric Mutt

The first time I worked with Fleet & Flourish was actually last fall when I was sewing up samples for my friend Maureen's Quilt Market booth. Back then I was enjoying the challenge of seeing how far I could stretch the smaller pieces of strike-offs that I had to work with to make as many bags as possible. This time, it was a thrill to have the entire spectrum of prints on hand in the bundle that she sent me, and while I was sorely tempted to make a quilt, I decided that it would be better to sew something I really desperately needed: an iron cover.

Fleet & Flourish Iron Cover by Heidi Staples for Fabric Mutt

Though we often think only of making sewing machine covers, I've found that my iron can get just as dusty and lint covered as my machine. As I was looking through the pages of Natural Patchwork by Suzuko Koseki -- an absolutely gorgeous book which I highly recommend -- it suddenly struck me that, with just a few changes, her adorable tea cozy (shown right there on the cover) would make a fabulous iron cozy.

Fleet & Flourish Iron Cover by Heidi Staples for Fabric Mutt

It took only one afternoon to sew this together, and I couldn't be happier with the finished project. I kept the patchwork front, using slightly larger rectangles, and used a favorite print on the back. The cover is not only a perfect fit for my iron, but it also lies flat when not in use. I can slip it into a drawer while I sew and then pull it out again when I need it.

Fleet & Flourish Iron Cover by Heidi Staples for Fabric Mutt

Maureen is such a talented designer. I feel like all her projects -- whether they be her fabric collections, quilted projects, or felt creations -- are such a clear reflection of her own style: a lovely mix of bohemian, romantic, and country with just a touch of fantasy. More than anything, you can see her heart in the designs, and this is what I love the most. I'm so honored to have the chance to work with her fabric.



Share this article :
 
Support : Blogger Themes Gallery
Copyright © 2015. Tutorials - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by My Blogger Templates Published by Free Blogger Templates
Proudly powered by Blogger